he European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML PKDD) took place in Athens, Greece from September 5th to 9th, 2011. This event builds upon a very successful series of 21 ECML and 14 PKDD conferences, which have been jointly organized for the past ten years.
It has become the major European scientific event in these fields and in 2011 it comprised presentations of contributed papers and invited speakers, a wide program of workshops and tutorials, a discovery challenge, a demo track and an industrial track.
- Prof. A. Likas (Univ. of Ioannina, Greece)
- Prof. Y. Theodoridis (Univ. of Piraeus, Greece)
Programme Commitee chairs
- Prof. D. Gunopulos (Univ. of Athens, Greece)
- Dr. T. Hofmann (Google Research)
- Prof. Donato Malerba (Univ. of Bari, Italy)
- Prof. M. Vazirgiannis (Athens Univ. of Economics and Business, Greece)