GESTURE RECOGNITION CHALLENGE
sponsored by Pascal2
Whether you are a computer vision researcher, want to become one, or just want to have some fun, we are preparing a fun series of events for you.
Our first step is a data exchange ending September 7, 2011.
Hurry: if you are among the first few qualifying entrants, you win a free Kinect sensor!
Participating is easy:
1) Subscribe at http://groups.google.com/group/gesturechallenge/subscribe?note=1&pli=1 (you will need to create a Google account if you do not have one).
2) Mail us some data recorded on a hard drive:
* Send us the gesture data you already recorded, OR
* Collect new data following our specifications:
– Choose a gesture lexicon (from the list we provide).
– Download a script (determining which gestures you will play and in which order).
– Practice in front of a mirror.
– Record your videos following the script.
If you are a Matlab user, you may use our data recording software.
See detailed instructions at https://sites.google.com/a/chalearn.org/challengedata/ (accessible only to subscribers of the gesturechallenge Google group).
Thank you in advance for your participation!
Isabelle Guyon and Vassilis Athitsos