9th European Workshop on Reinforcement Learning (EWRL-9)
– co-located with ECML PKDD 2011
– submission deadline: June 10, 2011
Call For Papers:
The 9th European workshop on reinforcement learning (EWRL-9)
invites reinforcement learning researchers to participate in
the revival of this world class event. We plan to make this an
exciting event for researchers worldwide, not only for the
presentation of top quality papers, but also as a forum for
discussion of open problems and future research directions.
We are calling for papers from the entire reinforcement
learning spectrum, with the option of either 3 page position
papers (on which open discussion will be held) or longer 12
page LNAI format research papers. We encourage a range of
submissions to encourage broad discussion.
Proceedings of this workshop will be published by Springer in the
LNAI (LNCS) series.
Double submissions are allowed, however in the event that an EWRL
paper is accepted to another conference proceedings or journal,
copyright restrictions prevent it from being reprinted in the official
EWRL Springer LNCS proceedings. The paper would still be considered,
however, for acceptance and presentation at EWRL.
We will offer at least one best paper prize of Euro 500.
We encourage submissions from a range of sub-topics including
(but not limited to):
* Exploration/Exploitation in RL
* (Function) approximation in RL
* Knowledge Representation in RL
* Theoretical aspects of RL
* Policy search and policy gradient methods
* Multiagent RL
* Empirical evaluations in RL
* Kernel methods for RL
* Partially observable (PO) RL
* Bayesian RL
PASCAL2 Invited Keynote Speakers:
* Peter Auer – University of Leoben
* Kristian Kersting – Fraunhofer IAIS, University of Bonn
* Peter Stone (Tentative) – University Of Texas, Austin
* Csaba Szepesvari – University Of Alberta
* Deadline: June 10, 2011
* Page limit: 3 pages for position papers; 12 pages for regular papers
* Springer LNAI format: http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html
* Submission site: http://ewrl.wordpress.com/ewrl9-2011/paper-submissions/
Scott Sanner, Marcus Hutter, Matt Robards, and Peter Sunehag (Organizers)
EWRL-9 gratefully acknowledges the support of the Australian National
University (ANU), NICTA, and the PASCAL2 network.