CALL FOR ICML 2011 WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Proposals are solicited for workshops to be held in conjunction with the International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2011 in Bellevue, Washington, USA. The workshops will be held on Saturday July 2, after the ICML conference sessions on June 29-July 1, 2011. These workshops present an excellent opportunity to address a specific machine learning-related topic of your choice.
Workshop day: Saturday, July 2, 2011, Bellevue, Washington, USA
Workshop proposal deadline: Friday, January 14, 2011
Acceptance notification: Monday, February 4, 2011
Workshops are a great format for active research on new topics. The ideal workshop covers a compelling subject of current or upcoming research, and includes an impressive set of speakers with diverse backgrounds to discuss the subject. Discussion via panels, identification of open problems, or a “discussant” are all great components to include.
The format, style, and content of accepted workshops is under the control of the workshop organizers and largely autonomous from the main conferences. The workshops can be up to seven hours long, split into morning and afternoon sessions. Workshop organizers are expected to manage the workshop content, specify the workshop format, be present to moderate the discussion and panels, invite experts in the domain, and maintain a website for the workshop. Workshop registration will be handled centrally by the main conference.
Proposals should clearly specify the following:
– Workshop title (what is it called?)
– Topic (what is it about?)
– Motivation (why a workshop on this topic?)
– Impact and expected outcomes (what will having the workshop do?)
– Potential list of invited speakers (who might come?)
– List of related publications (where can we learn more?)
– Main workshop organizer (who is making it happen?)
– Other organizers (who else is making it happen?)
– Bio for each organizer (who are you?)
– Workshop URL (where will interested parties get more information?)
Detailed descriptions of last year’s workshops can be found at:
This information should be sent by email (in plain text or pdf format) to workshops(at)icml-2011.org by January 14, 2011.